The start of each summer is marked by the first overflowing bin of watermelon at the grocery store. You know you've reach the peak of the season when suddenly tomato recipes are coming at you from every direction. Thankfully, tomatoes have a long harvest period and are as flavorful in early August as they are in mid-late September.
Fresh, canned, in salad, in soup; I'll take a tomato anyway it comes. Whether I'm entertaining a crowd (not this summer) and need a quick and easy appetizer or want a light bite for dinner for a party of 2, this simple Tomato Mozzarella Bread is one of my favorite go-to recipes. The subtly and mildness of the mozzarella allows the big flavor of in-season tomatoes to be the front runner on your taste buds.
Tomato Mozzarella Bread
A loaf of crusty bread
3-4 Vine ripe tomatoes
1 Ball of mozzarella (or better yet, burrata, yummm)
Sea salt + cracked pepper
1. Slice the baguette into 1/4"-1/2" discs. I like to cut the bread on a diagonal so there's more surface area for all the good stuff.
2. If you like a nice crunch to your bread go ahead and set your oven boiler to medium (I always get a burn when I put it on high!). Pop the baguette slices on a baking sheet and into the oven, keeping an eye on when the top of the bread turns golden brown. Flip the slices upside down and toast until the bottoms match the top.
3. Arrange the bread on a platter and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Slice those locally grown, can't get fresher tomatoes about 1/4"-1/2" thick and place on top of the baguette slices.
Do you ever find yourself cooking as a way to take a break and reset your day? I do. I find cooking is not only a creative outlet but an incredibly mindful practice. That said, sometimes I just don't feel like it at the end of a long day. For those times, I wear Moonstone to reset and find a new beginning to my day. Our UV Awareness Bracelets are designed to look stylish with any outfit whether you are in need of a sun safety ray-minder or not.
4. Thinly slice "shavings" off of your mozzarella or burrata ball and top the tomatoes with it.
5. Now for the best part. Drizzle that balsamic glaze right and left and back and forth.
6. Follow with some sea salt and cracked pepper. Enjoy!
If you are having company stopping by and you need a quick transition from day to night after an endless day of sun and sand, the only way to accessorize is with Primefitspokane. Our bracelets are designed to be worn from beach to après-sea so can worry less about your outfit change.
Our Collection of rosegold nautical bracelets are just the right shade of pink to compliment the the rich reds, burgundies, yellows, and oranges of tomato season. Mix in our Moonstone Rayminder UV Awareness Bracelets which is styled to be worn whether you are in need of sun safety under uv rays or not. Plus, the Moonstone will keep you eyes-closed-sea-breeze-crashing-wave calm whether or close to the ocean or not.
Wow! These look delicious!